Colin Sarsfield's Programming Page
I'm available for contract work. Check out my resume or contracting company if you're interested.
- Some libraries I wrote for Delphi that have been released into the public domain (this link takes you to the readme file)
- I ported Squeak to BeOS--check out The BeSqueak Project. I'm not working on this anymore, anyone want to take over?
Links to cool places:
- Squeak is a privately funded and open Smalltalk implementation with lots of potential.
- REBOL is a platform/language that is well worth your time to check out too. Some great ideas in the language design.
- Python seems to be the bastard child of C++, BASIC, and Smalltalk. As such, its cool, but not as elegant as Smalltalk or REBOL.
- Borland (Inprise) is my favorite dev. tools company. If you make a living writing Windows software and don't use Borland Delphi, you should check it out. The language it's based on (Object Pascal) is basically as powerful as C++ (sans templates) but much easier to learn and compiles in the blink of an eye. If you're dying to use other languages, they have excellent C++ and Java products available as well.